Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a meticulous and strategically minded Automation QA Engineer to join it’s MongoDB Team to perform Automation QA tasks. We would love to find a MongoDB expert with strong Automation QA experience, or an experienced DevOps who wants to become an Automation QA ninja. You should find these keywords familiar and very appealing: Continuous Delivery, pipelines, MongoDB, backup management, infrastructure orchestration, database clustering, high-availability, containers.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact. This is a rare opportunity to start with a great team, on a great project, at a great company with lots of benefits.
What You Will Do
- Evaluate new features and product releases, locating product issues & bugs via implementation of automatic testing
- Formulate testing plans for new features and product releases
- Triage reported issues by support department and community
- Experience with MongoDB preferred
- Experience with databases on Linux platforms
- Experience creating automated testing frameworks
- Bash or Python
- Strong desire to do QA work in Continuous Delivery/DevOps flow
- Good communicator with intermediate or better written and spoken English
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, Slack, and voice calls are the only interactions with others on a daily basis
- Solid understanding of advanced database concepts, e.g. replication, sharding, and PITR
- Kubernetes experience
- Strong coding skills
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.