We are looking for an experienced product leader to be responsible for Elasticsearch: the search engine and datastore at the heart of Elastic’s offerings.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, develop and grow a team of highly skilled Product Managers.
- Work closely with the Elasticsearch Engineering Team and Tech leads to define and maintain a shared vision for the future of Elasticsearch.
- Drive growth of the service by continuously iterating and improving the user on-boarding and ongoing product experience.
- Work with downstream product and engineering teams at Elastic to discover, align, and prioritize their needs: understanding their timing requirements and helping think through phased approaches.
- Engage with our Sales & Marketing teams on go-to-market, messaging, competitive analysis and enablement.
- Collaborate with our community team on promotional activities for Elastic users across the world.
- Gather market competitive and trend data, customer and community feedback and usage information to develop product insights.
What you bring along:
- You bring a minimum of 10 years in Product Management, of which at least 5 years have been spent leading product teams and managing highly visible developer-focused products
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Proven understanding and ability to talk to database/search system internals
- Solid understanding of B2B business models and sales motions
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humor
Experience/interest in some of these areas would be nice:
- Direct experience with the Elastic Stack, or experience with one or more of our common use-cases, such as application search, logging, metrics, APM, business analytics, security analytics, GIS, etc.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team
- Open source software and/or commercial open-core companies and license models
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.