Mattermost, one of Y Combinator’s top 100 companies, provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About the role
Collaboratively developed by over 1,000 contributors, our flagship product is an open source messaging platform used in enterprises all over the world. With customers such as Uber, Intel, and Samsung, the work you do here will impact thousands of organizations every day.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about working with contributor communities, is able to focus on high impact projects with multiple competing priorities, and has a demonstrated history of building open source communities.
- Grow contributions by creating a clear, compelling and enjoyable contributor journey to platform, solution and translation contributors.
- Create contributor programs driving awareness, engagement, recognition and impact across the open source community.
- Prioritize work that drives improvements on key community KPIs.
- Empower community to create an ecosystem of high-quality, open-source, community-built integrations and plugins in the marketplace.
- Participate in other communities and platforms to help foster collaboration and relationships across communities and organizations.
- Build relationships and alliances within the industry and community, virtually and in-person, to increase reach of the Mattermost brand.
- 5+ years of experience participating in and building developer communities.
- Technical background with ability to set up integrations and offer tips and best practices across the community.
- Facilitation of complex and sensitive community management situations with empathy, authenticity and good judgment.
- Independent, with ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience leading community management programs in open source or otherwise technical in nature.
- Existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms.
- Software development capabilities and experience.
- Public speaking, blogging, and content development.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.