Seeq makes data analytics software for a big market that’s often overlooked by tech companies: industrial process data. Think pharmaceutical manufacturers, wind farms, and energy companies with tons of equipment and sensors. Our software engineers tackle hard problems in streaming calculation, storage and distributed computing, and we create elegant HTML5 data visualizations with smooth interactivity.
Our company is 100% remote and proud of it. You can work anywhere in a compatible time zone (we require an overlap of 8am-12 Pacific). We use a variety of collaboration tools, like Zoom, Slack, and our homegrown (and open-sourced) Qube Virtual Office, which makes us feel like we’re in the same building together. We use agile tenets to iterate on both our software and development processes. We have a wonderful team of kind-hearted, talented engineers that love to collaborate, teach each other new tricks, and build products that far exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our technology stack is largely Java / JVM languages on the backend and TypeScript / Angular on the frontend. The core of our product is a full-featured calculation engine that can perform complex math and execute machine learning algorithms on streaming time series data.
- This is not a black box testing position where we take requirements, turn them into test cases and then pass the tests. Unlike roles with similar names at other companies, Quality Engineers at Seeq aren’t just manual testers. Everyone on the development team pitches in to do manual testing.
- Your specialty will be designing experiments to test the performance of our system. You will find creative ways of including load, volume and stress testing into our process.
- You will be an advocate for quality – continuously evaluating how and when testing is performed to figure out how it can be done earlier, better and faster.
- You will invent new testing approaches, automate worthwhile quality checks, advocate for testability, and create tools that the team can use to improve quality.
- You will understand the full scope of our product to a level beyond most of your colleagues.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- You are skilled in the ways of Performance Testing. You have experience designing, writing and executing tests with the assistance of tools like JMeter, NeoLoad and Locust.
- You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, security, and other advanced quality concepts.
- You appreciate working on an Agile team because it allows you to test in lockstep with the creation of the software.
- You’ve got a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering.
- You know Java like the back of your hand and you’ve used other JVM languages.
- You are constantly finding ways to perfect your craft, be a better teammate, and come up with cool stuff. You listen, and you know how to make your ideas be heard without turning people off.
- You are up for traveling periodically to hang out with your colleagues and get some face-to-face time.
- You know how to balance life & work, and you don’t want a job that forces you to choose between them.
- You want to work with a bunch of really smart people that love working together. And you want to work for a startup with good investors and a bright future.
- You’ve read this far and are determined to apply directly through seeq.com/careers and not through a third party hiring site.
- You will answer the following question in your application cover letter: “What was your most recent performance testing innovation?”
ABOUT SEEQ CORPORATION
Seeq is based in Seattle and founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. We are providing software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is small, so we are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere. Here are a few more benefits we have to offer:
- Salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses
- Optional life, disability, and personal accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption assistance
- Internet and mobile phone stipend
- Untracked/unlimited time off
- Company meetup events in destination locations
- Cool co-workers
To apply for this job please visit www.seeq.com.