What makes us different
- We run one of the top 20 mobile websites in the USA
- Fully remote, we measure what matters and prioritize RESULTS over where you work
- #beatyesterday is our mantra we optimize incrementally so we’re always beating our own records
- We’re scrappy doers who love getting into the weeds to solve problems
- Titles don’t matter. Results and drive do. Everyone is a chief problem solver at Brainjolt
- Bureaucracy is bulls&*t. We don’t like red tape. We prefer to work biased to action, led by data
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we enjoy playing the game and being on the journey
THE OPPORTUNITY: VP Of Operations
We are in need of a clever, data-driven, growth-minded operations + people leader as we continue to expand a best-in-class portfolio of media properties. You’re a player-coach who loves to DO as well as LEAD, as you run business operations and human resources for a fast-paced media company. We are lean. If you’re fluent in project management, business operations, human resources, team building, and strategy, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for an experienced VP of Operations to oversee Brainjolt’s ongoing operations and procedures and to be responsible for the efficiency of the business. Simply put, we’re looking for a Chief Multitasker. This job requires that you have a good head on your shoulders and that you think quickly on your feet. No task is too big or too small.
The VP of Operations role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), so clear, concise communication is a must. The clearer your TL;DR, the better. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. This isn’t for first-timers. The goal of the VP of Operations position is to drive extensive and sustainable growth. If that sounds like you, let’s talk!
- Organize and prioritize all of the company’s internal projects and keep them moving forward simultaneously without breaking a sweat
- Define success for every project and then track the relevant metrics
- Manage all business operations and human resources functions for the company
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the business to ensure smooth progress
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth while encouraging everyone to #LevelUp
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Growth/Audience Development, Content, Product/Revenue etc.)
- Lead and inspire employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Collaborate with department management to develop strategic and financial plans
- Participate and lead expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Proactively manage project schedules, making sure everyone involved knows their tasks and deadlines
- Track our competition. Understand their success how can we copy/hack it?
- Develop strategic HR plans and policies (recruitment, training, compensation, etc.)
- Assume responsibility of labor and employee relations
- Ensure all procedures comply with legal regulations and best practices
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Proven experience as VP of Operations / COO or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Growth, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment, etc.)
- Knowledge of local and international labor law
- You Ship, Fast: Brainjolt (and the entire world of publishing) is constantly changing. You’re able to navigate by choosing the right projects, prioritizing appropriately, and inspiring teams to #finish.
- You’re Full of Ideas: Your wheels are always turning; you’re ideating constantly; you’re excited by new possibilities and inclined towards action.
- Data-Driven: You understand that at the end of the day, data always wins.
- You Love to Test: You know that testing is the foundation of successful growth. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test.
- Entrepreneurial: You have a profit-generating mindset; you’re excited by developing and scaling new and varied revenue streams.
- Growth Mindset: From learning new skills to pioneering new strategies, you’re always looking to grow.
Brainjolt is a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that empowers its employees to work independently and drive results that greatly impact the business. Since early on, one of our go-to values has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience, but for our team, too. In addition to basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support your continued success and happiness:
- Full Health Benefits
- Globe-Trotter Program (Paid to Travel)
- 401k With Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Culture / Work From Anywhere!
- Unlimited PTO
- Home Internet & Mobile Phone Assistance
- Gym Membership Assistance
- 2 Tickets To A Concert Of Your Choice Per Year
- Spotify, Netflix, & Audible Subscriptions.
- Monthly Book Budget
- And More
This is a Telecommute/Work from Home position
To apply for this job please visit brainjoltmedia.applytojob.com.